Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dinner time!

Well, that last snow storm was a joke. All we got was a light dusting that was gone as soon as the sun came up.

We desperately need the moisture, but a tiny part of me was glad we didn't get any the second time around. My horses' pen is already turning into a mud pit. I wish I had a place of my own with big pastures to roam & stalls to use to keep them off the mud, but I don't. I just have to make do with what I have available right now, so I'm tromping through ankle-deep mud to feed them twice a day. My poor Carhartts & boots. :( But (knock on wood), the horses haven't had any problems from the mud. Hopefully it stays that way.

On a different subject, I perfected my crockpot lasagna recipe last night. :) I'm super excited about it. Chad said he wasn't hungry last night, so we split a bowl of it. Then he went back for seconds, then thirds. If anyone is interested in trying it, here's the recipe:
  • 1lb ground beef, browned & drained
  • 2 cans (30oz) tomato sauce
  • 4 cups shredded mozzarella
  • 1 tub cottage cheese (the original recipe called for like a cup & some, but I like it really cheesy. It made a huge difference)
  • 8oz uncooked lasagna noodles
Add the tomato sauce to the browned & drained burger. In a seperate bowl, combine the cheeses. I had some leftover fresh spinach that needed used, so I tore up a few handfuls & added that to the cheese. Spoon 1/3 of meat sauce into crockpot, then lasagna noodles (break to fit), add 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers twice. Cook on Low for 4 hours. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment